Are you a Part Qualified ACCA, AAT or equivalent with experience working in an accountancy practice? If so, this could be just the role for you.
Zmartly is the UK\’s first fully online accounting software and service company. We are now hiring accountants to join our team of award-winning professionals. Over 20,000 clients use our software, and we provide accountancy services to over 11,000 small businesses, including freelancers, contractors and sole traders.
As an Accountant at Zmartly, you\’ll take responsibility for assisting our team in delivering tax and accounting services. You will need to ensure that accounts, tax returns, and tax planning are completed according to statutory and professional standards. You will also ensure that customers are completely satisfied with the quality of advice and service delivered.
About the role:
Key responsibilities will include:
- Carry out all accountancy related activities, including but not limited to reviewing and producing limited company accounts, self-assessment tax returns, new client take-on procedures, Quarterly VAT returns, PAYE returns etc.
- Keep up to date with the latest changes to tax laws, rules and regulations through attendance at industry courses, workshops etc., develop knowledge and skills and maintain Continuous Professional Development (CPD) and Practical Experience Requirements (PER’s) and Zmartly Essentials training.
- Actively promote and manage the additional services delivered by Accountants to support Zmartly’s key revenue growth targets (e.g. accountancy reviews, upselling packages, Client referrals, financial services etc.)
- Assist Senior Accountants in resolving any complaints to a satisfactory conclusion within the required service level.
- Share knowledge and support the development of the Accountants and Trainee Accountants on the team by coaching and mentoring them.
- Conduct effective 121 conversations, set priorities and targets for direct reports, measure progress towards these and embrace the Clear Review performance management and feedback software optimisation.
- Build strong working relationships between Accountants and other Zmartly service departments, mainly Client Services.
- Effectively collaborate with other Accountants across teams to ensure knowledge is shared and that high-quality advice and service are delivered consistently to Zmartly clients.
- Where appropriate, support the Accounts and Outsourcing Manager to oversee the work of the Zmartly Accounting Network and its outsourcing partners. This will include onboarding new partners and the ongoing audit and review of work produced under contract on behalf of Zmartly.
- Review work produced by other team members – notably but not restricted to accounts created, personal tax returns and accountancy references. Where the role supports the Accounts and Outsourcing Manager, feedback is to be provided to the Zmartly Accounting Network and its outsourcing partners.
- Identify and offer suggestions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Zmartly service proposition, including the development of specialist services to meet specific client needs.
- Proactively manage own tasks, client queries and team phone calls.
- Maintain your understanding of the Zmartly system, and update this knowledge as new features become available. Engage in system testing new parts as required.
You will need:
- May be qualified AAT Level 4 and/or working towards a professional accountancy or tax qualification (post AAT) such as ACCA or CTA.
- Consistent track record of working successfully towards professional qualifications.
- Previous practical experience of working in a team of accountants.
- ICT literate, expertise on Zmartly systems and able to apply/disseminate knowledge effectively.
About you! You will have:
- The right to work in the UK
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English
- Previous experience in a client-facing role (1 year +)
- The ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks effectively.
- A proficient level of computer literacy and feeling comfortable using multiple systems (all training will be provided!)
The following experience is not essential, but would be beneficial:
Previous line management, coaching or mentoring experience (full training and coaching will be given in role).
What you’ll get in return:
We’re delighted to have such a collaborative and inclusive working culture, and we\’re sure you will be, too! You\’ll have fun working as part of our team and you\’ll receive fantastic company benefits, including:
- 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays), which increases with length of service – plus an extra half day holiday on your birthday!
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality
- Life Assurance
- Lots of wellbeing support and events across the year; including the MyMindPal app, in-house personal training sessions, yoga sessions and more!
If you are looking to work in a friendly, professional environment in a role with a lot of client contact, this is the role for you.